I became a CTMH consultant after many years of trying other home-based businesses. I had the desire to have my own home-based business, but one big problem with all the companies I became involved with...I just couldn't get passionate about the products. CTMH though, gave me what I was looking for...a home-based business AND paper crafts! Now I knew I could be passionate about that! Even my husband knew it would be a perfect match. There was also another big upside to working as an independent consultant for CTMH...FREE and discounted product! Really. Who could say no to that? It doesn't hurt either, that I get to be around other people who love paper crafting, get to determine how much I want or need to work my business, and my husband's favorite part...being able to support my own habit.
Because you are your own boss, you can set up your business to fit your lifestyle! What's your why?
- Bring in extra income?
- Discounts on paper crafting products?
- Get paid for doing what you love?
- Meet new people and build customer relationships?
- Set your own work hours around your family and activities?
- Earn spectacular prizes, like a Southern Caribbean cruise?
- Have something to call your own?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: How much does it cost and what do I get for my money?
A: The New Consultant Kit...only $75 (plus s/h & tax) with an approximate retail value of $205.
Q: What comes in my consultant kit?
A: As they say, a picture is worth thousand words...
A: As they say, a picture is worth thousand words...
- $50 Select Product Credit
- Medium Organizer (Z4139)
- 2" x 6 1/2" My Acrylix® Block (Y1010)
- 1" x 3 1/2" My Acrylix® Block (Y1002)
- 2" x 2" My Acrylix® Block (Y1003)
- Non-Stick Micro-Tip Scissors (Z1836)
- My Acrylix® Stamp Scrubber (Z1782)
- My Acrylix® Spritz Cleaner (1778)
- Bonding Memories™ Glue (1512)
- 3-D Foam Tape (Z1151)
- Round Sponge (Z697)
- Customer Order Forms (qty. 1 pack of 25 - W101)
- Annual Inspirations Idea Book (qty. 5 - WC1161)
- Seasonal Expressions (qty. 5 - WCS1162)
- Cardstock Color Swatches (W1136)
- CTMH Paper Fundamentals Sampler (W1137)
- Annual Inspirations B&T Duos Sampler (W1138)
- Seasonal Expressions B&T Duos Sampler (W1144)
- Petite Perks™ Incentive Stamp Set (qty. 3 - W2034)
- Gathering Invitation Post Card (W1129)
- Desk Pad (qty. 1 pack of 50 - W1140)
Q: Is there a minimum requirement? (The most asked question.)A: There is a very easy minimum: only $300 per quarter! With each calendar quarter, you need to sell $300 in a three month period. Your first quarter is waived though. For example, if you join in August (July-Sept.= 3rd quarter), you would need to have $300 in sales between October 1st and December 31st.
Q: Where do I get training?
A: You will receive great training from many areas:
- From CTMH: you will receive Start With Heart, a newsletter for new consultants for the first 13 weeks. This newsletter has great tips and ideas to help you get started. It gives you step by step instructions/tips and does it in a very organized fashion. CTMH also offers business videos, product videos, training courses, a Listening Library of recorded conference calls from industry experts, Consultant bulletin boards for artwork ideas, and more.
- From Me: I am always here to help you and answer your questions. I want you to be a success and can offer you helpful tips and ideas on how to get started and beyond
- Events: There are events you can attend that will help you in business and creative needs. They is our annual Convention, an annual album retreat, as well as numerous regional events throughout the year.
- Websites: CTMH has a bulletin board where consultants from all over the country share tips, art, ideas and workshops! It’s a great source! We share art, workshops, answer questions and offer valuable support when in need.
- Facebook: I can help you find multiple Facebook groups where consultants all over the world are gracious and generous with their help anytime of day or night.
A: YES! One of the best parts of being a consultant is you get creative training! Besides the training mentioned above, CTMH also offers pre-designed projects and workshops you can use to create beautiful layouts and cards.
Plus, as a consultant, the corporate sponsored consultant website offers an Artboard to get inspiration from fellow consultants. In addition, there are numerous closed Facebook groups available to you once you are a consultant from which you can get inspiration.
Q: What kind of incentives does the company offer?
A: Besides the generous composition plan that includes free product, there are a few other incentives CTMH offers:
Straight to the Top (STTT) is a fabulous program that helps you hit the ground running:
- Level 1: Sell $250 in commissionable sales in your first thirty days and receive three Business Builder stamps sets for free.
- Level 2: Sell an additional $400 in your first sixty days and receive and exclusive On The Go bag and hear dangle for free.
- Level 3: Sell an additional $550 in your first ninety days and earn an exclusive Close To My Heart Logo T-Shirt for free
- Bonus: Reach all three levels with a total of $1200 (with each level achieved by its deadline) and receive a medium organizer full of product valued at over $150!
Select Product Credit: Select product credit (SPC) is credit you earn or are awarded that you can use to obtain FREE products from a specified selection of items offered by Close To My Heart. There are several ways you can earn SPC: achieve monthly personal sales levels, participate in consultant artwork contests and other events or programs as announced from time to time, help your downline achieve their Straight To The Top Level 1 and Level 2 goals.
Cruise/Trip Contest: If you want to get a free vacation, you can earn one fabulous incentive for TWO with CTMH! Can you picture yourself on a vacation for two? Me, too. :) The incentive trip for this year is Puerto Vallarta. The trip for 2017 is a trip to Thailand!
Q: Does the company offer special promotions?
Constant Campaigns is a program where each month the company has something to offer to help you grow your business in sales, recruiting, hostess rewards, or for the consultant. This program has been the best and doesn’t cost you a thing! If you share the promotion, you will achieve higher sales because the program is here to help YOU and your customers get the most for their purchases! I love it!
Stamp of the Month: Each month, CTMH has a special “exclusive” stamp set that is available ONLY that month. A customer can purchase it separately for $17.95 or receive it for only $5 with any purchase of $50 or more. Another fabulous program that helps you upsell and increase your sales.
As a consultant, you get the perk of getting your hands on these specials the month before they are available to the general public. :)
Q: Who pays for the Hostess Rewards?
A: Close To My Heart pays for the hostess rewards, not you. In addition, the hostess receives free shipping on her rewards, compliments of CTMH!
Q: Do I have to have an inventory?
A: No! Of course, as your business grows, you will need to purchase items like paper and embellishments for projects to be made in workshops, gatherings, open houses, etc. However, CTMH once again does their best to help us be profitable. CTMH offers quite a few products in bulk at a fairly discounted price. They also provide a cutting guide and cost break downs for the company- provided projects, as well as training on how to manage your business expenses.
Q: How do I join?
A. So if you’ve been thinking of starting your own scrapbooking or stamping business, what are you waiting for?
I truly believe that you’ll be amazed at what CTMH has to offer (I know I was.) and I would love to have you on my team! Just give me a call (321)795-8220 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to helping you get started!
~ Tamytha (Tammy) Jenkins